Good evening all:

I just received word from LIJSL that the Long Island Cup is canceled in its entirety this Spring. In addition, league play will not start before League Week 2 which is April 25, 26. Week 1 (April 4, 5) is canceled. They are going to reassess the start of the season by mid-April and see if they need to push the start of league play back further.
LIJSL further recommends the cancellation of all club related activities which I fully support. This is truly an unfortunate situation, but I place family and health above all else. I do not want to put anyone at risk. I will continue to monitor the situation and will let everyone know when we can resume.
Below is the full message from LIJSL:
Club Presidents, Registrars: As we have noted previously, we clearly are in ‘unchartered waters’, and understand that, individually and collectively, we are all seeking direction within circumstances that are fluid as well as changing nearly hourly. With the primary concern for the health and wellness of our entire membership, please take note of the following, which is effective immediately;
– *LIJSL has suspended all League competitions effective immediately* – *LI C**up**:* *The LI Cup**, *which was to begin play March 28/29th *,* *has been **regretfully **canceled for Spring 2020* – *League Play:* *ONLY **League Week **1**,* scheduled for April 4/5th *, **is **canceled** at this time* – We will *continue **to **monitor directives and information from both government authorities** &**municipal agencies* regarding the COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease) outbreak – Our objective is to *revie**w, reassess **the situation **on/about April 15**th*, with the *hope that with improvement*, and appropriate clearances from respective authorities and agencies, that we *may resume competitions* (League Play) *with League Week 2, April 25/26th*
While it is the responsibility of each member club to determine their individual approach and guidelines during this period, it is our recommendation that you strongly consider suspension of all club related activities at this time. We will begin the process of communicating this important information through all channels beginning tomorrow, but wanted to advise you of this decision at the earliest opportunity. Thank you for your understanding and continued support through these most challenging times. Sincerely, Board of Directors Long Island Junior Soccer League